Volunteer Opportunities at The Arc of Southern
If you can't wait to make a difference in the life of
child or an adult in your community, then you'll want to
connect with The Arc. We serve three counties and hundreds
of individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
And it's easy to volunteer. Just use the handy volunteer
Ways to Get Involved
You can help us on a project-by-project basis, a longer-term
position or on-call. And while we love to have your time
and talents, you can also get involved by supporting
Here's a sampling of volunteer opportunities:
- Be an activity volunteer with children or youth groups.
Engage them in play with others, assist with crafts and
- Help our youth groups with picnics, swimming parties,
- Be a companion for an adult in an activity you both
enjoy on your schedule or theirs such as church, sports
events, swimming, concerts, out-to-eat, or shopping.
- Assist parents/caregiver of children with disabilities
and or their siblings in their home to give parents a "breather".
- Golf tournament and other special events volunteers
assist with events on a short-term basis.
- Put your office and clerical skills to use by helping
on administrative tasks and public outreach.
- Serve on our board or a committee there you can help
us make a difference for all.
How To Volunteer
Please fill out Volunteer form and fax to (410) 535-6205.